Please read below for employment and internship opportunities or visit our Volunteer page to get involved with our events. Please scroll down for information about internship opportunities.
This position in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Artistic Director will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic fundraising initiatives, creation and implementation of individual and corporate giving campaigns and the soliciting of requests. The position provides leadership and is an integral part of the Development team, works to provide support for the Executive and Artistic Directors and Board of Trustees to coordinate fundraising activities, and actively participates in requesting support for PICA’s programs and operations.
Status: Full time/salaried with benefits
Reports to: Executive Director
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Create and manage timeline, strategies and requests from individuals and businesses, develop major giving initiatives and membership activities including annual appeals, year-end solicitation, program incentives and membership events.
- Cultivate, solicit and acknowledge individual donors and corporate donors providing historical perspective, case statement and financial specifics as needed
- Develop strategies and benefit packages for institutional memberships, make requests and maintain relationships.
- Oversee all solicitations and written proposals to individuals and corporations to meet the annual fundraising goal.
- Train and accompany staff, trustees and committee volunteers in strategy and solicitation of gifts
- Work with the board on individual campaign progress and board – driven initiatives to increase giving
- Staff and manage Board Development Committee – committee consists of Board members and PICA Staff
- Work with Development Staff and the Director of Communications to help compose membership correspondence, including cultivation event invitations, membership letters, email newsletters, business membership proposals and acknowledgement letters
- Maintain information on donors, prospects and volunteers in the PICA database Track renewals in the database and make requests for continued support.
- Budget, project, schedule and reconcile all development funds.
- Work with Development team on all development campaigns and initiatives.
- Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of tax regulations and vehicles as applies to charitable giving
- Report to Executive, Development and Finance Committees of Board of Trustees as requested
- Attend exhibition openings, performances, and special events
At least two years fundraising and development experience in the non-profit sector. Must have Bachelors Degree or Higher. Interest in contemporary art and prior experience in the field is helpful. Should be proficient in Mac applications and Microsoft Office including Excel. Knowledge of donor database systems input and management. Familiarity with the state of philanthropic community. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to work well with boards, staff and volunteers.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected].
About Internships with PICA
Are you a current student seeking professional experience with a nonprofit arts organization? Starting a new career in arts management and administration? Our interns work closely with PICA staff on all aspects of programming and operations, contributing to our small team while gaining an insider’s perspective on everything from marketing to development to curation.
We expect each intern to identify and carry out independent projects in addition to assisting staff with general duties. All interns are expected to demonstrate an appreciation for and understanding of contemporary art.
PICA internships are unpaid. Interns receive a PICA membership and free admission to programs and special events. While PICA cannot provide housing, travel, or monetary compensation for interns, we are happy to work with your educational institution to arrange for course credit.
PICA’s internship program runs seasonally. For general questions, please email Roya Amirsoleymani, Community Engagement Manager, at [email protected].