The Portland Institute for Contemporary Art is pleased to announce the Spring 2016 Creative Exchange Lab (CEL) artists.
- Marco Kane Braunschweiler (Los Angeles-based artist and publisher)
- Ali Chahrour (Beirut-based choreographer and dancer)
- Shannon Funchess (Portland-based sound artist)
- Mark Mitchell (Seattle-based sculptor)
- sidony o’neal (Portland-based writer, artist, and dramaturg)
- Junaid Sarieddeen (Beirut-based artist)
- Morgan Thorson (Minneapolis-based dance-maker)
PICA’s new Creative Exchange Lab has been designed to promote artistic exchange, instigate peer to peer dialogue, and foster the development of new works with a focus on serving artists working at the intersection of different disciplines. The residency program is comprised of two labs annually taking place each Spring and Fall. For more information on the Creative Exchange Lab artist residency program please visit the Creative Exchange Lab program page.
PICA’s Creative Exchange Lab is funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.